SOUTHEND ON SEA GOLF CLUB
Members and Visitors Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for Members and Visitors
Southend on Sea Golf Club believes that it is the responsibility of everybody involved in our club to ensure it remains a safe place, free from discrimination, fear and where possible, risk.
In doing so we ask that you:
- Treat everyone fairly and do not discriminate on the grounds of characteristics such as race, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability etc.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person and treat everyone with mutual trust and respect.
- If you see any form of discrimination, do not condone it or allow it to go unchallenged, and report to the club committee as soon as possible.
- Maintain the well-being and safety of all individuals.
- Promote the positive aspects of golf (e.g. fair play), at the club and when representing in the community
We will not tolerate any form of:
- Physical or verbal abuse
- Bullying & harassment
- Use of foul, abusive or discriminatory language
- Inappropriate physical contact
Responsibilities for players
The game of golf is based on honesty and integrity. Your responsibilities as a player are to:
- Play to the Rules of Golf (following any local rules), act with integrity, and refrain from using or overcoming any rule to any gain or unfair advantage.
- Play to the best of their ability
- Certify scores accurately for fellow players after witnessing a round.
- Have only one handicap record, administered by a home club.
Return all acceptable scores, making the best possible score on each hole – submitting competition scores promptly after play and general play scores before midnight on the day of play.
- Pre-register any intent before starting to play.
Any breaches of this code of conduct will be subject to our disciplinary procedures and dealt with by the committee.