Good morning all,


Unfortunately the course remains waterlogged and closed. The latest information from the starters hut is that the next inspection will be this Friday. There is a lot more rain forecast for Wednesday and Thursday this week so whether or not they will reopen this weekend is uncertain.

We have no alternative but to cancel the mid week medal (this Wednesday) yet again and it would seem likely that this weekend’s medal will also be cancelled.

We will keep you informed of rearranged dates etc as soon as we are able to do so.


Good morning all,
I have spoken with Andy Dimmer (Niven’s son) this morning.
Niven’s funeral has been confirmed as being at Southend crematorium at 2.00pm on Thursday 14th March.
I have informed them that the club can be used for the wake afterwards from around 3.30-4.00pm. Dave Buckley is aware and will engage with Andy when anticipated numbers are known.
The hearse will be departing from Andy’s home and passing the club should any members not able to attend the crematorium wish to pay their respects, at approximately1.30pm.
I am confident that many members will be either at the crematorium or at the club to give Niven the send off that he richly deserves. He will always be remembered by us all.
Full confirmation of timings will be made in due course.


That’s all for now. I know some of you at least are getting some golf in at other venues, enjoy ! Hopefully we’ll be back in our own club soon.